Network speed anomaly with Xbox 360

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows why my up load speed on my Xbox 360 consoles are much lower than my available speed. For example I have 40mbps Up and 100 Mbps Down internet connection with iiNet running on the NBN. When I run a speed test from my lap top using a cat 6 wired connection; 38 Mbps up 85 Mbps down Ping 2 ms Keep in mind the download speed fluctuates a lot (45 - 94 mbps) but the upload speed is always a steady 38, this is based on my tests 2 days ago. When I run the 'detailed network statistics' on my Xbox one I get the same kind of results on 5.0 ghz 'n' wireless and wired cat 6. 38 Mbps up, 85 Mbps down latency 230 ms 0 packet data loss. However when I run the network statistics function on either of my 360s my upload speed is always 9.5 Mbps regardless. I have tried it with and without the router and get the same result every time, from my recent test I got; 9.5 Mbps Up 94 Mbps Down 222 ms latency 0 packet data loss This is using a cat 6 Ethernet cable Why won't my upload speed go above 9.5 Mbps when I have 38 Mbps available? I started playing halo reach again on Xbox 360 and always have an 'average' or 'warning' less than optimal upload speed in the network monitor tab with an open Nat and minimal packet data loss. While the game play seems alright I remember it being in the 'good' range when I had an ADSL 2 connection at 0.5 Mbps Up and 2.0 Mbps Down. But that's a side issue, I'm more interested in why my upload speed seems capped at 9.5 Mbps. Anyone out there know what's going on?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Apologies, I set this out with spacing between however it seems to have mushed it all together. It may be because I posted it from my phone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.