Network Shares on Xbox One problems - HELP!!!

I am wanting to access my photos and video files that I have saved and shared out from my windows 7 system. how do I access and see these files on the xbox one? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi,

there are two options in this case.

1. Rightclick the file you want to see on the tv screen and choose "play to > xboxone-os"

2. Upload the videos/photos into your skydrive and use the skydrive app on the Xbox One to access them.

Note: Not all formats are supported!

The Xbox One has no DLNA function yet, may be in a future update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Um it's supposed to. DLNA was guaranteed at launch. The problem is we don't want to "Send" media to the xbox one we want to "pull" media from our PC on the xbox one. I shouldn't need to use smart glass and the Xbox One should connect to my network like any other computer and allow me to stream media from my PC on it. It worked beautifully on the 360, but as we are finding out apparently the same people that gave us the 360 had nothing to do with the Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.

Guaranteed @ Launch??  Well I'm truly pissed now.  Why on earth would this be left out then?  I'm pretty sure it was discussed at the design phase.  It's like XBX wants to gauge people's displeasure before they update their software with previous 360 options/features.  But those little things are the reason why you have us as a consumer and maybe so not the new bells & whistles.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I have the same interest : access my thousand photos and video files stored on my windows 7.

I don't want to upload them all on skydrive !

When Microsoft will allow us to use same functionalities as on the XBOX 360 (windows media center)?

Sorry this didn't help.