Network doesn't seem to be working. Won't connect to Xbox Live

Ok here is my info,

Alright the way my network is set up,

2 seprate rooms to begin with, in my dads room we have a modem which is connected to his computer, and gives internet to my room through a wireless adapter, Which is connected to my computer. So on my computer have I Internet, because the adapter is USB.

BUT In my room I have a Router which is pluged into the wall and doesn't have anything to do with the internet in my room, As in if it wasn't hooked up I would still have internet on my computer. BUT the Router says it has internet, and the light that says wireless on it is on, and it says it have power, NOW the router isn't connected to my computer in any way, only the wall through a cable cord. So the router is seperate from the computer, But my Xbox is connected through a enthernet cable to the router.

SOO when I try to connect it says cannot get Ip adress, I tryed manually doesn't work, TO ME it seems I have to get a wireless Router/adapter for my Xbox, but I was wanting to see if anyone knows any tricks I could pull?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Is this modem on the same connection as the other modem? If so, then that would be the issue, as there can only be one modem on a connection at any given time, unless otherwise setup by your ISP.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.