Network Connection Issues

Been trying to connect my xbox wirelessly for the first time with my new adapter and having a hard time.It keeps failing at the network connection stage

I have one of the first launch 20gb Xbox 360 white consoles from 2007

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Phoenix, AZ USA
Modem brand & model number:  Motorola SURFboard model SB5101
Router brand & model number:  Linksys Wireless G model E1000

We also have a network extender as well. Linksys Wireless G Network Range Expander model WRE546

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired: Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2 or WPA
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? White external (Brand new)
Things you have tried:  I've gone through the xbox troubleshooting so I've rebooted the network, checked that the wireless adapter has a red light showing ready to connect, checked my wireless password at least five times, checked that my DHCP settings are currently turned on, used a manual ip address withing the range/parameters of my router, and checked that MAC filtering is turned off.
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown: Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? Unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter:  No specific codes
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  Cox High speed

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? "There's a problem with your connection"

I'm currently using my parents network so I'm not going to be able to make any changes to the network settings as they are. I know proximity isn't an issue because I've had it right next to the router and still had the same error message. If anyone has a solution to this I'd really appreciate it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey mate, is there any more text available under 'more info?' If so, please provide it here. Also, have you tried a wired connection, as you're right next to the  router?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.