netflix disconnecting

i was beta testing the new dashboard and netflix started disconnecting every now and then it will tell me to get an gold account or to sign in.i did report this to xboxlive through the website that you are given when beta testing.even after the the actual release of the new dashboard it still disconnects every now and then and just yesterday i got kick off battlefield 3...my nat is open im running 18mbps,1.45 upload,wireless connection only about 25 to 35 feet away..is anybody having this problem too?,do i call netflix? should i call xboxlive?..going to try these steps first..complete deletion of netflix,restart my hardware..never had these problems till now all else fails i"ll start watching netflixs on my ps3 or laptop  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there JAY - Let us know if the deletion of Netflix helps, and make sure to clear your console's cache after you delete it! That *should* fix the issue you're seeing. If not, we can initiate some network troubleshooting, to see if there's anything in your configuration that might be causing this. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same problem.  Wired connection, open NAT.  Deleting and reinstalling Netflix (and clearing the cache) did not help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I recently installed  Netflix on the free trial and was hoping that i could get this sorted before the trial ends.

I have no issue gaming, it stays online.

I start up netflix (and it also happens with 4oD) and within a minute it will disconnect from xbox live. I reconnect and may get a few seconds, a few minutes or maybe 20 mins or half an hour. It inevitably disconnects and i have to go back and do it all again. Its only disconnecting from live, my net connection is fine and laptops are fine on the network, but with netflix or 4oD, its getting beyong a joke.

Obviously theres been an issue for a lot of people for a good long time, but i still can't seem to find a definitive answer on the net anywhere. I am about to go and uninstall the app and hope that it gets fixed but from what i've read so far, it may be in vain. Worth a try anyway.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ramy, sorry to hear about this issue streaming video content! We'd love to help out, but we're going to need more info, and I'd like to separate your post from the OP's thread. On that note, can you please start a new thread in this forum with a full response to these bold questions? We'll need those details to get started. Thank you! :-)

Sorry this didn't help.