Need TV Help (Buying Today)

Hi all,

3 days until the midnight launch and I need to upgrade my current TV! My price range is $600-$700, I live in Canada, and I'm looking for 32-40" TV.

-

I'm thinking an LED 1080p TV - can anyone give me any suggestions?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I picked up this Samsung 40" last week for the bedroom. The picture is pretty fantastic! Seems to be right in your ballpark for price and size.

I always tell people I prefer Samsung. Have had my 46' LED Samsung since 2009 and no problems and picture is still amazing.. Which ever brand you go with get at a tv with at least 120 hrz refresh rate. Especially if your getting a LED. Will help cut down motion blur..  

Go with an established brand from an established retailer.

Keep your receipt in a safe place.  Keep all your expensive electronics receipts in one place and if you ever have any trouble just fish out the receipt and get it replaced or a full refund.

You need a screen that has at least a minimum max res of 1080p to play 1080p games.  You'll probably find that many TV's actually have a higher resolution and will upscale your 1080p image to their native res.

Az

I like Samsung as well

You can't really go too wrong with Samsung and LG. Great Televisions.

@KLRSKIR - did you buy it online or get it from a store? If from a store, which one?

-

much thanks!

my samsung 60 hrz had it for 1 year gaming spot on no issues..dont notice any blur either

@KLRSKIR - is this the same TV you were refering to? www.bestbuy.ca/.../10243934.aspx

I answered your other thread for this, but I see that you're in Canada and may not be able to get the tv I first suggested, so I think that Samsung that you're looking at is probably the best deal for what you're looking for.

Wal-Mart always has some good deals going on. I would check them out first before anywhere else.