Need to disassociate an Email Address From My Gamertag that I Can NO LONGER ACCESS HELP!

Hello, 

I just purchased the Slim and transferred my data just fine. But when I went to log in my gamertag required a windows live email address and password. I knew what the email address was but the password and the security question that I allegedly put in was wrong...well of course it's wrong because I never put it in! 

I called Att to have them reactivate my email...the email was sooooo old they couldn't do it.

Windows live won't help me. 

Will anyone here help?

Gamertag:: Grenouille 08

Advise?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

it isn't  that we don't WANT to help ,  we love having you play but credentials are very strictly controlled for security issues   the email account doesn't need to be active to use the email and password to sign in but DOES need to be real and active if you need to reset things.   you can still try guessing even though you can't get support for lost credentials

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I wish that were the case. And the answer is no, i cannot sign in without knowing the password that was created 7 years ago! I have given everything in my arsenal to your company. What else do I need to do?

I wish I knew what the passwords we may have used in the past...7 years ago.

I gave you the following:

my name

my gamertag

the card #

address#

Phone#

ALL JIVE with your records! I do not understand why you cannot send me an email to the correct email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** after verifying everything?

Sorry this didn't help.

they cannot do that for your security as well as others, what if you were someone trying to take someone's account and they let you do that. Yes i understand giving all of that information does make it seem like that its your account but we just never know. Now what i suggest is to try your security questions i bet with a little bit of time you will figure it out and be able to gain access to your account again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Say what you will. I have proof that my personal information and that the previous email address is associated with the garmertag. That's not the issue here. They are refusing to remove and or move the email address. Just help me out. 18k gamer points means a lot to me....

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox support does not handle passwords

Only the windows live team does

You must sign into windowslivehelp.com and contact customer service

You must fill out the form completely as much as you can any info not correct even by spelling error on critical info will not allow you to reset the password

Creditcard and friends list and contact list anything that can identify the account will help even on the xbox account Xbox support cannot change the email associated with your account that must be done on the console with the old emails password

Sorry this didn't help.

On a side note for security any info you have wrong they will never tell you what you got wrong as that would help phishers

They can only say yes or no to access to an account

Sorry this didn't help.