Need some help with my console!

Well i've had my share of Xbox's(2 redringed) before i bought one of the new slim ones, i've had it for a while now, and i went away for a weekend, so it did not get used and it was working just fine.  I came back yesterday only to find that the center light that indicates the tray is opening/closing is constantly flashing, but the door will not open.  Does anyone have any suggestions before i have to send it back to get repaired?

I have already done the manual release and taken the disc out, so there is nothing in the disc, as far as i can see, there is nothing wrong with it..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

might be it's not getting enough juice. (electricity...not kool aid!!) but you might need to get the drive replaced.

I'd suggest taking out the hard drive, then booting up. it may fix it...it may not.you can also try clearing the system cache on the xbox as well. but it sounds kinda like you need a repair. (I really hope your warranty is good!)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Posting on this forum is not the way to go with this question. You are in the right room, but with questions like this don't you want an answer from someone who can give you the correct one. 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Sorry this didn't help.

This has happened to me before, Not anymore though seemed to went away on it's own.

But if it keeps happening to you try opening you're Xbox 360 without taking anything "Important" Out and then press on the eject button and try to see if you can find the problem, Other then that I'm not 100% sure what causes this problem but i guess it has something to do with the drive wheel?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do not open the console! Do not try to repair it yourself! If the abovementioned hdd removal or clear cache does not work contact phone support. Opening the console will void all warranties.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, vVv! Thank you for bringing us your question. Please try completing this Disc Drive Solutions guide and let me know if it helps resolve the issue: support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution. To echo Tem's advice, If the problem persists, please get in touch with phone support. They will be able to help you further. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Sorry this didn't help.