need some help here please

hi there.

ok, so i own both xbox360 and ps3. and most of the time i can only play 3 minutes online then i get disconnected from xbox live or ps3 network.
now after a long time i noticed that everytime my brother goes on his laptop this happens. and if hes not on his laptop i have no problems at all,
i need some help because i have this problem ever since i bought my 360 (4years ago) and im getting tired of this happening all the time.

so is there anyway to fix this?
my internet speed should be fast enough (it should hold 4pc's without a problem)
though my local network goes like this ; first it enters the house downstairs and goes to a modem, 
then it goes to my brothers room tru a router and then to my pc/consoles.
could that be the problem? should i make a line straight from the modem to my room?
or is my modem or router not fast enough? or is it someting else?

i dont know anyting about internet connections so forgive my stupidness.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? belgium, antwerp
Modem brand & model number: motorola model nr 175041048
Router brand & model number: unknown, will take a look later
Network Connection Type: wired
Things you have tried:  upgraded internet speed,
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? on my ps3 it says NAT type 2 not sure if its open or not
Any Error Codes you encounter: no, i just get disconnected and im able to connect right after.
What type of internet do you have? not sure i think cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Telenet

ping : 9ms

internetspeed 29.03MB/s

uploadspeed 1.15MB/s

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

maybe your brothers laptop is using the IP address that is reserved for your consoles. do you use DHCP? try turning everything off then booting in this order  Modem > router > laptop > console. if error still persist check the IP on laptop and console see if they match. if they do then chances are one of the two are not set to talk to the DHCP server in your router.

to use DHCP properly everything should be "Automaticly" obtained, anything staticly assigned should be outside the DHCP's Range.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.