So with the Xbox One I'm going to try and go to "One" device. Right now I basically run 3 devices and have to switch between them by changing the input on the receiver.
- Xbox - Games
- Satellite - TV (mostly for sports)
- HTPC - (Streaming video from my NAS through XBMC)
- Ideally I would like to control the streaming by using a tablet or phone (and not have the stream actually go through the mobile device.. just "direct" the stream from the NAS to the Xbox). This is actually the most important part, the tablet/phone would act more as a "remote" than anything.
- I can run whatever accomplishes this the best. I have server that I can run whatever is needed, Media Center, Home Server, Server Essentials, etc
- My NAS is simply the storage where the files are located, but it also can run software (QNAP NAS)
- If it behaved similar to XBMC or Plex that would be good (Nice interface, pulls in metadata for the video files)
- Currently have an Android and Windows Phone. I am currently in the market for a tablet and this simple task will drive my purchase.