NEED SERIOUS HELP!

Ok so I was just wondering if there are any Networking/Xbox LIVE kind of tech savvy dudes on here that can help me out with possibly the weirdest problem I have EVER encountered with Xbox LIVE in the history of my 7 years online. I shall list the problem here and if you have a solution, do post here or Email or Add me on MSN if you think you can help. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Ok so, I am in the UK first off and I am on Sky Broadband. I wake up at 11am this morning. My internet is off. I go and see why and my brother tells me he has reset my router because of his NAT type ****ing up and his World of Warcraft lagging like crazy. I say ok, it takes around an hour to get back up to fully operational. So then from that point, up until about 5pm today it has been going off and on, up and down, good to bad connection all day. So after 5pm, EVERYTHING is working fine, top speed and all. WoW is working fine. My internet is fine, and every other comp in the house if fine. Except my Xbox LIVE. No matter WHAT I do, I can barely sign in to Xbox LIVE and when I do, it's insanely laggy, connection interrupted on CoD every second, and my party chat is INSANELY laggy and no one can hear me properly due to laggy voice. To sum up, Xbox LIVE is a no go at the moment. Why? WHen everything else in my house is fine? Why? I literally have no idea. Any help would be so appreciated. And please don't suggest the obvious things, like a router reset etc.... come on now.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I suggest resetting your router.

Someone had to make that joke and I got here first.

Serious business now, try giving it a go when there's no other devices connected to the internet apart from your Xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, it's a good idea but It didn't work :P It's the strangest thing in the world, also, that joke was expected, I mean, I was going to make it myself if no one else did.

Sorry this didn't help.

have you checked you internet to see if you are being throttled?  check your speed for free at www.speakeasy.net click the speed checker tool   it will pitch you faster internet afterwards but you can ignore it anything 1 or under you may be throttled. that would be a call your ISP problem

"If that does not work try resetting your router." (sorry) :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, what did you change to get his NAT type to open and what model of router is it because Sky do a few different ones. Also when its not working properly is your brother playing WoW at the same time?

Can you run this www.speedtest.net and www.pingtest.net when the issues are happening and when the tests complete click "Copy Link" and paste the link result on here

And finally which Sky package are you on? The top one with no limits?

Sorry this didn't help.