Need new Monitor

Can someone suggest/reccommend me a monitor for use with my Xbox 360. I use an LG W2243S, it's a TN Panel and the black levels just seem so poor, I want them to look the way they are supposed to. I have an LG 22" TV and it just looks the same. I'm sick of it and it puts me off gaming, can someone suggest a monitor which is 1080p and looks great with the Xbox please.  Obviously the cheaper the better. 

I miss the good old box TV's were there was just no problems :/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Oh and the monitor has to be 22-24". Thanks :)

Hey, if you haven't already decided, im pree much in same situation atm XD

I'm getting a Monitor for my xbox as well, and I think the ACER GD235HZ is a good monitor, since it is 3D ready, as well as supporting HDMI. *Currently around $300*

Model: GD235HZ bid

TFT LCD Size: 23.6" wide-screen

Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 80000:1

Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angles (typical): 170°/160°

Signal Connectors: VGA, DVI, HDMI (HDCP)

Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2

Response Time (typical): 2ms gray-to-gray

Power Adapter: Internal

Tilt: -5° ~ 15°

Detachable Foot Stand:  Yes

Other Feature: 3D ready*

Color: Black/orange

Where I am, there is the GR235, it doesnt have 120HZ refresh rate (GD235HZ does) but its not going to be using during XBOX gaming anways, and it is 3D ready as well as its LED back lit.

I haven't looked at the other monitors quiet closely yet, but this one's got style and spec, you can check it out.

While I haven't done any research on monitors, since I have no need for one, I can tell you this... Displays that use TN panels are used at the bottom of most manufacturer's lines. They're cheap & don't really perform well. I was using a monitor for my PC & a couple of bedroom consoles a year or so back. It was a 22" or 24" ViewSonic that looked pretty good. I don't remember the model number, but it had VGA/DVI & HDMI inputs & an audio out (which came in very handy). Whatever you do decide on, I'd steer clear of TN panel based displays though. If you want my honest opinion, the only LCD displays I'd even consider purchasing would be Sony. In fact, if I were you, I'd wait until that Playstation branded TV releases. It's 24" and has the capability of delivering two completely different images to two sets of 3D glasses. So two players could actually play a two player game, and have different views at the same time, eliminating the need for split-screen.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

While I haven't done any research on monitors, since I have no need for one, I can tell you this... Displays that use TN panels are used at the bottom of most manufacturer's lines. They're cheap & don't really perform well. I was using a monitor for my PC & a couple of bedroom consoles a year or so back. It was a 22" or 24" ViewSonic that looked pretty good. I don't remember the model number, but it had VGA/DVI & HDMI inputs & an audio out (which came in very handy). Whatever you do decide on, I'd steer clear of TN panel based displays though. If you want my honest opinion, the only LCD displays I'd even consider purchasing would be Sony. In fact, if I were you, I'd wait until that Playstation branded TV releases. It's 24" and has the capability of delivering two completely different images to two sets of 3D glasses. So two players could actually play a two player game, and have different views at the same time, eliminating the need for split-screen.

[/quote]

I hear all the cheap TN Panels are poor. Your probably right i'd be better of with a different panel. That Playstation TV does sound awesome too, when is it going to be released?

[quote user="DrunkVoid"]

Hey, if you haven't already decided, im pree much in same situation atm XD

I'm getting a Monitor for my xbox as well, and I think the ACER GD235HZ is a good monitor, since it is 3D ready, as well as supporting HDMI. *Currently around $300*

Model: GD235HZ bid

TFT LCD Size: 23.6" wide-screen

Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 80000:1

Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angles (typical): 170°/160°

Signal Connectors: VGA, DVI, HDMI (HDCP)

Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2

Response Time (typical): 2ms gray-to-gray

Power Adapter: Internal

Tilt: -5° ~ 15°

Detachable Foot Stand:  Yes

Other Feature: 3D ready*

Color: Black/orange

Where I am, there is the GR235, it doesnt have 120HZ refresh rate (GD235HZ does) but its not going to be using during XBOX gaming anways, and it is 3D ready as well as its LED back lit.

I haven't looked at the other monitors quiet closely yet, but this one's got style and spec, you can check it out.

[/quote]

That sounds and looks awesome, If I had the money at this minute i'd probably buy that. Doesn't look like a cheap TN Panel, if you do get it have fun gaming on it!

[quote user="I Craigy"]

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[/quote]

I hear all the cheap TN Panels are poor. Your probably right i'd be better of with a different panel. That Playstation TV does sound awesome too, when is it going to be released?

[/quote]

The last I heard was fall of 2011 (right around now). But I can't find an actual release date. I would think about getting one, but 24" is kind of small for me at this point. Maybe if/when Sony releases one in the 47"-55" range, I'll think about it. I really have to research it's specifics a bit more. Unless the actual display is from an entry level series, it should be a great TV.

Samsung has always been a good monitor source for me, and they have some nice 3D models out...a 23 inch, and 27 inch (S23A950D/T27A950)