Need my GT Changed now!!:(

I really need my gt changed cause ive gotten murder threats from a guy over xbox. he said he is coming to washington cause my names is style5oh9 and [removed] is were i live im just scraed that he is gonna come cause he saided really true he was cause he brought his mic outside and started his car

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

First off, file a complaint against that person and block communications asap. You won't have your gamertag changed. If you'd like to change it, you'll have to pay 800 Microsoft Points. The forums aren't a means of reporting people, just file a complaint and the Xbox Policy Enforcement Team will deal with that user. The person will have no way of knowing exactly where you are so you have nothing to worry about.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

also you can and might want to give your local police a call, since murder threats are really a big deal

and like Cow said, you'll have to pay 800 MSP in order to change your gamertag

Sorry this didn't help.

The 'Starting his car' was probably a lie because the controller would disconnect at far range. It was probably a sound effect.

-

The people above me are correct in their posts.

-

Stay safe.

Sorry this didn't help.

Why do so many people believe that claiming some threat against them entitles them to a free name change, it doesn't.  You need to pay the 800 MS Points like the rest of us.

If you actually believe that you're in mortal danger from another user on Live, changing your gamertag name should be the last thing you're concerned about.  Instead of posting on these forums, try picking up the phone and calling the police. 

Sorry this didn't help.