Need Major help please

I need major help. I linked my xbox live gamertag (Mikematt9394) to my windows live account several years ago when prompet to. well after that my mom changed my password (i was 12 at the time) .i had an old 20gb harddrive and recently bought a 120gb to transfer it to, and when i did i was prompted to enter my windows live id and password to download my gamertag. the password i entered was wrong because it was changed, but my mom has no idea what she changed it to. i went on the forgot passsword service at windows live and my security question wont work because of error used to many times. i tried once. i dont know why that happened. however the email me a reset link" option, i had my windows id linked to my grandads work email. well he has transfered from at least 4 jobs since then, and he cant access that. i havent gotten a reply from customer support about this. I transfered my profile back to my old harddrive to play, and its still the same problem. i am unable to sign in because i dont know my password and i havent figured out a way to fix it. can anyone help me please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

customer support is the only way other than remembering the pass word that you have much chance of being able to use the account again. i know it sucks to hear but it done for account safety.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

You will need to follow some very specific instructions below to go to the customer support Windows Live account recovery:

1. Click on this link.
2. Click on the third option:  I Think Someone Else is using my Windows Live ID.
3. Select Reset your Password option .
4. Enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover. 
5. Enter the characters you see on the picture, and then tick on Next.
6. Click on Customer Support.
7. When a highlighted Customer support phrase appears, tick on it.
8. Re-enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover.
9. Enter your alternate email address. ( Active email address that you have access to even if it's not associated with the account )
10. Click on Continue. 
11. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Recover your Windows Live account page then click on Continue to submit.
12. A page that says Your information has been submitted will appear, (just wait for the result of the account recovery request on your alternate email address)

Note: To pass the validation process, you will need to provide as much precise information as possible. The more accurate your information is, the more likely you are to pass validation.

These are essentially the same questions that phone support would have to ask you in order to return the account to you, but these go a bit more in depth, the more questions you can answer correctly the better chance you can get your password reset. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello.  Sorry but Xbox Support can't reset your Password.  Have you tried going here - account.live.com/.../reset  What you can do is send some of the Windows Live Support team by filling out some information on a Form to try and get a Password reset. 

You would also need to provide an Alternative Email address so that if they can verify the Account belongs to you so they can send you a Reset Password.  Make sure you can provide as much Information as you can. 

You would need to chose Customer Support option after you have entered the Email Address you have forgotten the Password for and entered the Captcha letters.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. I just filled out the form and im waiting for an email from them.

Sorry this didn't help.