Need info on XBL Gold Family Pack.

I do not have Gold access and my brother's is due to run out on 1st Oct (auto renewal turned off). We live at seperate addresses and have different internet providers; can we still purchase a Family Xbox Live Gold pack even though we won't have the same connection to the internet?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I think from the call I just had with M$ Xbox support the profiles must be on the same console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That makes sense (can anyone confirm or deny?).

I was hoping perhaps that you got 3 liscenses which were tied together somehow, and you could use them on any console, sort-of like Windows liscenses.

Sorry this didn't help.

If it were the case, perhaps you could move the profile (once set up) from xbox A to Xbox B using a memory stick or something.

Been a long time since I used xbox live properly, hence my call to M$ support earlier in which they mentioned family packs.

Sorry, it's more assumption or speculation. Hopefully someone can confirm/deny

Sorry this didn't help.

Well the account can be used on a different xbox. The account must be made on what ever xbox you used to pay for that service. Once you pay for it, you will be able to make four xbox live accounts. All you would have to do in this case is recover the account you would want to use. Now if you still want to use the accounts you guys have you will only be able to use one of the accounts that you guys use, for example if you buy the family plan on your account then your account will have the live and be the admin for all the other accounts that are made. The bad part is that the other person you would want to do this with would have to use one of the accounts you made. Hope this helps you! Have a great day!

-TG TRYHARD

Sorry this didn't help.

To clarify, you can indeed use profiles on different consoles, though in reality it was not intended for that use so some features may be disabled. Each LIVE account that is added to the Family Pack must be located on the main account's console at first. You can add it to your Family Pack, then recover it to another console. Again, though, I'd stress that some features will not be available to secondary accounts, as this was really designed with families in mind. From the Family Pack FAQ

Q: Could a group of friends or roommates share an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack?

A: The Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack is really designed for families. Only the primary account holder may make purchases against their own billing account, which is designed to help families better manage their entertainment budget. The primary account holder will also receive Activity Monitoring reports, and have the ability to access online Family Settings for other members in the Family Pack. As a result, the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack may not work well for groups of friends or roommates.

Sorry this didn't help.