need help with my gamertag

i have been on xbox for two years and i was at my uncles house recovered my account on his hard drive then he switched hard drives and i went to recover it and it said not valid got on xbox.com and it said wrong password i changed the password with email reset but when i went to sign in it gave me a whole new gamertag i think i might have been hacked but idk if you can help at all please reply to this

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You will have to contact XBOX Support and speak with them about starting an unauthorized use ticket. They will ask you a bunch of questions pertaining to your gamertag and you will have to answer all the questions otherwise they will not be able to help you retrieve your account. This process can take anywhere from 7-10 days but sometimes can take upwards of 30 days. They will compensate you for lost XBOX Live time, but the only way to initiate this is to contact them. You can do this by going to http://support.xbox.com/ and then click on on the Contact Us link at the top right and clicking "Call" they will have a number listed as well as times they are open. Hope this helps you out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.