Need help with Games on Demand (not a support question)

I just need to know... Let's say I have 2 xbox's... the second one came with a "Skyrim" code

I redemed it... and would like to know.. If I put the hard drive with skyrim into my second one.. will I need to redownload the game if I log into this GTag which redeeemed it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you try to use your account to play the game you bought it with (with both your account and the game on your Hard Drive), you should be able to play it no problem at all. You may need to do a license transfer though if it doesn't work. Here's how to do that if you need to transfer the digital license; support.xbox.com/.../download-content.

Thank you :)

[quote user="CaLmMiNDz"]If I put the hard drive with skyrim into my second one.. will I need to redownload the game if I log into this GTag which redeeemed it?[/quote]No, that only applies to DVD installs. Games On Demand work as long as the gamertag can log on (assuming you're not at the console it was first downloaded to).

Note that if the other console has a HDD, you can just re-download Skyrim to the second console. You don't have to swap HDDs.