Need help with DRM

OK so i want to do the drm. heres my problem. i did it over a year ago and then downloaded some content on my friends console. Now it showing my console first and my friends console second. I now have downloaded something on my console again but the console id of my console is showing first and my friends second. I want to do the drm back to my console cos half the conent is on my mates console. So how do i get my console id second so i can transfer it back to mine.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can do the DRM transfer but I doubt your friend will let you, because if you do the transfer, he won't be able to play his Arcade Games or DLC offline.

He will only be able to play them when he is connected to Xbox LIVE.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

[quote user="TBWz White Ops"]

OK so i want to do the drm. heres my problem. i did it over a year ago and then downloaded some content on my friends console. Now it showing my console first and my friends console second. I now have downloaded something on my console again but the console id of my console is showing first and my friends second. I want to do the drm back to my console cos half the conent is on my mates console. So how do i get my console id second so i can transfer it back to mine.

[/quote]The console ID can be found by going to System Settings, Console Settings and then System Info.

To transfer the licenses, simply follow the instructions on the License Transfer page, or you can call support and get them to do it.

Remember though you are only going to be able to do this for content purchased with your account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I hope your friend agrees lol

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Why should his friend have anything to do with it?

My understanding of the OPs problem is that he's used his gamertag to buy content on his friend's console and now wants to make it all belong to his.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="voteDC"]

My understanding of the OPs problem is that he's used his gamertag to buy content on his friend's console and now wants to make it all belong to his.

[/quote]

Yeah he has. But the thing is he will need his friend's console ID before he can transfer the licenses over to his own console.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@TBWz White Ops

The order of the console ids on the transfer tool does not matter. It is just a list of all the consoles to which your profile has content currently licensed.

When you start the transfer, it is the console that your profile is logged on to that will be the target of the transfer. Once the transfer is complete and you have redownloaded all the content then your licenses will only be on that console.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

[/quote]

Yeah he has. But the thing is he will need his friend's console ID before he can transfer the licenses over to his own console.

[/quote]

He does not need to know any of the console ids as these will be displayed in the transfer tool. All the licenses will be transfered to the console he is currently logged onto when he runs the process.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Beaten to it by Campotech. The License Transfer Tool will show you the Console ID of each machine your account has purchased content on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="voteDC"]

[/quote]

doesnt he have to get the console ID off him? EDIT. Ok, so if he doesnt need the ID, and he purchased on his own gamertag, then there is no problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 6 Applies to: