Need Help with Connection Issues

I have a newer Xbox that is about 8 months old, and for the ladt couple of weeks I've been having issues with Xbox Live. I thought it might have been low bandwith, but I recently moved and have a different provider and it's still happening. When I turn on my Xbox I get the "Cannot connect to Live" message, and after a couple of attempts, it connects but then I grt the 80072ee2 error. On top of all this, the dashboard takes up to a minute to load. I end up staring at a blank dashboard background with the 2 loading circles for up to a minute, yet I can still join friends in thier party, or start games with the menu button. Is my system going out, or is Xbox Live just being that slow?

By the way, the Xbox is set up through DMZ on cable internet with all ports open, and I've cleared rhe cache and restarted the modem several times. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello,

Most of the time error code 80072ee2 is related to wireless interference if you're connected wireless with your console. Are you using a wireless or wired connection type?

Power off your modem and router for a couple of minutes. Turn on the modem and wait one minute for it to connect properly. Turn on your router and wait another minute.

Clear your Xbox system cache. This will remove temporary files from the system cache.

• Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Storage or Memory.
  • Highlight your main storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
  • Select Clear System Cache.

Restore your Xbox network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Before I moved I was on a wired DSL connection, and now I'm on wireless cable internet. I was having these same issues while I was wired up. I've already cleared the cache, but I'll try to wire it up tomorrow. The issue is the location of the modem. I'm worried that the issue is with the console itself. Its becoming quite frustrating,  and I'm getting dropped from Live on occasion now too.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got a new error code while trying to connect after getting the 80072ee2.

800705b4

Sorry this didn't help.

get xbox closer to router, you are having interference issues with distance between xbox and router.

Sorry this didn't help.