Need help using a "bridged" router to connect to Xbox Live

For the last few months I have been using a Motorola NVG510 router/modem from AT&T as my wireless access point to connect to Xbox Live.

Today I set up the router/modem to act as a bridge so I could use my Netgear DGN 2200 which has much better range and allows for greater DL and UL speeds.

Since doing that my computer connects perfectly fine and I can surf the web all I want. Except my game systems will not get past the test connection screens. 

The Xbox One says "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names" 

I can't figure out how to get it to go past this screen and the online troubleshooter is no help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I had NO LUCK WHATSOEVER when I had a gateway (modem/router combo) I finally got JUST a modem and all problems solved , I think some of them will say "bridge mode" but its not really , and you get behind a double NAT which xbox does not like very well....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello CrystalBlueCook, It may work better if you set a static ip in the XBOX.  The DGN 2200 uses 192.168.0.1 as its main ip or gateway.  In the XB1 you will need to set this address as you DNS address as well.  You can assign any address to the XB1 from 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.255.  I believe this will help your issues.  I use a newer Netgear and back at launch I was having all sorts of strict nat issues and ever since I set a static address in the One my issues all went away.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.