need help urgently

right now im going to go on a bit of a rant so please bear with me, i am currently on my seventh xbox 360, yes count them 7! all of which have broke ive not had a console last longer than 6 months that i can recall, my current xbox (elite) is now experiencing the same problem as which my last xbox died of it refuses to play games an as soon as i switch it on it makes 2 loud skipping sounds and then just goes quiet. ive had this console for about 2-3 months and this started like a month ago! but i could get it working by hitting the top of the console in a specific spot but now it seems to have given up completly. ive never been so angry at a company in my life. i just tryed to book it in for repair and apparently its not eligible (probably because i bought this console used surprisingly i cant afford to buy a brand new console every few months) the charge for repair is £62 plus tax for that price i can just go and buy a new console :/ and quite frankly i refuse to buy console number 8. this is the most ridiculous charade ive ever experienced. so today is the day i wave goodbye to xbox and next time i think im goin to buy a ps3. i have a ps1 thats been with me since like the early 90s my sister plays it a lot and never a single problem (my sisters bf lives with us he has a ps2 tht hes had about 10 years of which he plays it to death and again not a single problem) it pains me to say it because i love xbox live and microsoft in general but my respect for them now is pratically non-existent. sad times!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

This is exactly why you buy new consoles as opposed to used. With used you never know how the previous owner treated it or what its repair history (if it had one) was like.

I know you don't want to hear this but it would be the better of any move you make if you just bite the bullet and purchase a newer model console. There have been several internal revisions to the hardware so the chances of getting RRoD are less likely on the white model consoles and if you get the new slim it is pretty much non-existent.

Please be aware that should you purchase a new slim console if you get the 4Gb one some games, such as Black Ops and Halo, will not play on it unless there is a physical hard drive attached (the 4Gb is a flash memory, not a hard drive) and the only size currently available for that model is the 250Gb.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

im fully aware of this but as ive stated ive had 7 consoles most of them new, i cant afford to buy new upgraded ones every time one breaks! its cool though next console is going to be a ps3. i should really have got one a long time ago and saved myself this whole sorry situation

Sorry this didn't help.

suggestion

BUY AN EXTENDED warranty thats what they are for

every console is only covered for 1 year and buying used consoles you  have no warranty

Sorry this didn't help.

i did ave a warranty but as i said i lost my reciept

Sorry this didn't help.

And the last store you purchased from is now closed.  I have posted an answer in your other thread as well.  Basically for those who haven't seen it, you state you hit the console (rough treatment will break it).  Also, after 7 xbox's you could have bought on brand new and had free warranty repairs from Microsoft.  

Sorry this didn't help.

i have replied 2 u in the other thread

Sorry this didn't help.