Need help. Says two of my accounts are same email and i can't do crap with either.

I didn't have xbox live so i made a free account awhile back and I guess when i made another I used the same email. well my current one isn't this gamertag but I can't sign in on my new one because keeps telling me this name is linked to the email account. But on my xbox i can login onto my new account using same email but this website tells me the id/pw combo is wrong. how the hell do i fix this? 

I tried changing the live account but its telling me i can only change it once every 30 days but i have yet to do anything to it. my time runs out the 17th on my other which i would like to keep but if its going to be this much of a hassle ill just go back to PS3 and my PC.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello WhitePride527 - It's impossible to have two XBOX Live accounts with the same e-mail. It's just not possible, as much as you think it would be it's just not. Only one XBOX Live account can be tied to one Windows LIVE ID. You can find out what Windows Live ID your XBOX Live account is associated with by recovering your gamertag onto your XBOX 360 console and going to My XBOX > Pressing A on your Gamertag and then looking under the column that says "Windows Live ID" - It will tell you what your Windows Live ID is. You had to have used another e-mail address that you can't seem to remember. If you are getting a message telling you have to wait 30 days in order to change the e-mail on the Windows Live ID account then you'll have to wait the time limit unfortunately, there's really no way around that. If you need further assistance regarding this you can contact XBOX Support for your region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd have to disagree based on what I'm currently experiencing. I just received notification via my gmail address that the account I am currently paying for will auto-renew May 1. However, when I try to log-in on live.xbox.com/.../Home, I see my free account (the one that will show up to the left of this post, I assume). I've tried to change the e-mail address associated with this free account several times (successfully), but when I sign out and log back in with the gmail account I am once again logged in to my free account.

Essentially I can't get to the account that I pay for using the e-mail address that it is indisputably associated with it because it is also associated with this free account. I'll be messing around with my console to verify any discrepancies as soon as I get home, but clearly one e-mail can be associated with two accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Lectric Shave! Thank you for bringing your question to the forums. Since this thread is quite old I would like to request that you make a new thread detailing out your situation including any error messages you are seeing and the troubleshooting steps you have tried thus far. Reviewing your situation my first recommendation would be to get in touch with phone support. They should be able to help you with any billing related issues such as the one you have described. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.