Need help please Xbox Live

I'm getting an xbox one launch day, I have an xbox 360 that I've never connected to xbox live.

I want to connect to xbox live on my 360 tomorrow to install various DLC I've collected from pre-ordering games (e.g. the blimp in GTA V), and to keep my gamer score.

Two questions;

I used my email to sign up to this website and it assigned me 'CitedMoss00759', does this mean my email address is permanently associated with that as a gamer tag which has no gamer score or real identity?

I heard live carries over between consoles, so I can have xbox live on both with the same gamer tag, same gamer score and same subscription.

How do I achieve this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey have a look at this link on how to manage your Microsoft account. support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-account-faq If you plan on getting gold with the account you posted with or the account you have been using, simple redeem your prpaid card(If you are using one) or use a debit/credit card or pay pal by using this link live.xbox.com/.../Subscriptions To achieve having gold on both the 360 and XB1 all you need is to signup for gold and your gold status will be reflected on both consoles with the gamertag you signed up with

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So I can use a pre-paid xbox live card to get live on my 360 and be able to keep all of my gamer score, then use that log in also on xbox one.

Will I need a new email address to activate live on my 360 because I used my current email address to sign up to this website and so have a 0 gamerscore associated to it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Moss,

Yes, the pre-paid card should get you setup.  

As for the email and the '0' gamerscore, that is because you signed in with an email address different than the one attached to your original account. When you sign in with a new email, an auto-generated gamertag is created, which CitedMoss00759 is.

Hope that clears things up, and let us know if you have anymore questions.  

Sorry this didn't help.