Need help determining my Xbox Live membership expiration - making sure I'm getting everything I paid for.

First things first, it isn't ultimately determining when the upcoming expiration of my Xbox Live membership is slated for.  I know the answer to this question and it is in about 24 days.

My question is ultimately about whether or not this date is accurate.

Over the last few years I've redeemed a number of 12 month (12+1 month) cards and was for a long time operating under the assumption that the system has a 36 month maximum built into it. 

Is if possible then to redeem Xbox Live subscription cards/codes in excess of 36 months and then have the system cut off time because of this assumed 36 month (3 year) maximum?

If for example, I had six months still left on my account and then redeemed three Xbox Live 12 month membership codes, would the end result be 36 months (redeemed membership codes) plus the original 6 months already present on my account?  Or would it strip/short me six months and still only allow a total of 36 months in total.

I've tried to answer this question myself over the past year and finally just decided to let my account run down to the last remaining month before I redeem any more year subscription codes. 

For my efforts, it just doesn't appear that there is a way for me to go back and view my membership code redemption and figure this math out on my own.  Am I wrong about this?

Customer phone support is entirely unhelpful in terms of being able to look into this issue and so I'm here, essentially frustrated and out of options, looking for support from some of the experts in the community.

Would love it if anyone here knows anything about what I'm talking about here or whether or not Xbox Live staff have the ability to determine whether or not my current expiration date is accurately reflecting all my past subscription redemptions.

Thank you.

-Jeremy

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 227 Applies to:

You can view your exact expiration date at this link

live.xbox.com/Account

You can stack 36 months only.  If the membership were to go over that then you wouldn't be able to add it.  

For eg. if you had 26 months left and tried to add another year it would not go through.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So in summary, the system will actively prevent you from redeeming anything that would take you past the 36 month maximum?  Correct.    Thanks Onyx.

Sorry this didn't help.

What happens if u accedantly signed unto ur friends acc while putting the code in?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, first off you would need to make sure you're not bumping a year old thread.  :)

You and your friend are going to have to call phone support.  He'll explain what happened and that membership will need to be removed from his account.  After that they will send a token for the membership to his email address which you can then use on your account.

Sorry this didn't help.