need help connecting to xbox live!!!

Ok so recently I got a new xbox 360 (slim i think it is? it's the new one that came out recently as a bundle purchase where you get the new xbox,a kinect,and a game)and i wanted to join xbox live so i can try some game demos and play arcade games and unlock some achievements and what not..So i went to the xbox live menu and clicked on join,it signed me out,tested,and then said it couldn't connect.I went to test connection,it didnt connect to my network.So a read the more info and put in all info i could in a manual setting.Then aother network popped up in the connection test,i tried that one,ad that failed.So i stuck with the one that had 2 bars highlighted.it worked all the up to network,but failed at internet.It said to try put in a manual dns or whatever it is so i found it on my comp wrote it down and put it in.i retryed the test,and the network failed.So i tryed the other network that had shown up again.That failed ,so i went back to the original and it worked up until internet again.I tried the same process over and over and figured that the original network dosent work unless i go try and connect to the other network and the try the original again.But the internet always fails.Ihave good connection,And no i cant connect an ethernet cable because comp is to far to reach my console.i tried the support page,i looked on forums, i conntacted support,nothing works at all. so PLEASE i need help!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Does your router have a DHCP server?  Almost sounds like it is not automatically assigning an IP address.  I would go to your network settings on the console and set all settings to automatic.  If it still fails, we will have to look closer ;)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

um i dont know what a dhcp server is...and yes iv tried auto matic settings and manul and nothing works..:(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, did you call phone support specifically? If so, what all did you try? And can you please take a couple minutes to answer all of the bold questions listed here? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.