Need help connecting to Xbox live !

This started about a week ago , ill turn on my xbox and it'll take a while to load , and then it says " A problem occured while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." It always does this , i test the connection and sometimes it will connect to xbox live and when it does , i have a ridiculous lag when i join games or parties and then it kicks me off and says "disconnected from xbox live". Ive tried restarting my router and modem and the same thing happens. I dont believe it is my connection because I get perfect WIFI with my computer and my phone.  I use a wireless adapter and ive unplugged it , blew out any dust, plugged it in and still the same thing happens. Ive also tried downloading my profile again and again and the problem just keeps happening. Does anyone know what's going on? Can someone please help me fix this? Any help is appreciated !

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there x UnLeAsHeDD! I'm wondering if the wireless adapter might be giving out. How old is it? Is there any way you can try a wired connection to your console? Try a wired connection from your router to your console and see if the issue persists. Then try a direct connection from your modem to your console. Let us know the results!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.