Need Help Choosing A Good Gaming Headset!!!?

I am looking to buy a new headset for my xbox 360, but it would be great if it was compatible with my ps3 as well. Wireless is preffered but i dont mind wired seeing as i want them to be from 50 - 100 dollars. I am trying to decide between turtle beaches or tritton and wanted to know which one is better. I am speciffically looking into the turtle beach xp21 and tritton trigger or detonator.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Cheapest best bet would be the Turtle Beach DX 11's, It's nearly the exact same thing as the X41's but it's wired.  I've had them for a year now, no problems and excellent 7.1 surround sound too.  The only thing I hate is the cords in Turtlebeaches products.  It's as if they have a mind of their own, and want to becomine kinked and tangled.  

Not bother getting a headset unless it has 5.1. or 7.1 surround sound.  

I've heard nothing but good things about the TurtleBeach X11s, so I'd go for those

I've had my Turtlebeach X11's for a couple months now and I absolutely love them. The sound is just incredible and I would recommend them to anybody.

For a lower end through mid price head set, I would make sure to buy from Turtle Beach and avoid Tritton. I've had both Turtle Beaches and Trittons. Tritton's quality in ergonomics, electronics and flat out durability is shoddy. It's made by Madcatz, which is no surprise. I had to return the product twice within the period of my warranty, once for crazy static feedback that would not go away, and once for the ear muff snapping straight off. Haven't done anything with the new wireless Turtle Beach equivalent I've got. I've had them since a little before August.

-

You can pretty much disregard this statement though if you're going for the highest tier of the product, as I've heard plenty of people love the high end Trittons.

-

One thing I would do though is to make sure to buy the extended warranty if it is available, as headsets are pretty finicky objects. They like to break both externally and internally in the electronics.

I got turtle beach X12s the sound quality is amazing and there pretty cheap (60$)

If you're willing to throw some more money at it then I'd go with the Turtle Beach PX5's which is what I run, but if you're sticking to that price range then I'd go with everyone else here and suggesting the Turtle Beach X11's, as they're a good all-round headset and in terms of pure value for money they're almost unmatched. Tritton are good, but the build quality is lacking.

P.S Only consider the PX5 if you're really in to your audio, though.

the only problem with my X11's is the mic picks up every sound in the room,

Well, I would have to say that imo this is a traditional case of 'you get what you way for'.

-

There are a number of great headsets out there, but first you need to decide:

• whether you want wired or wireless....
  • what your budget is...
  • whether you are happy with generic headphones or if you want them optimised for xbox for best performance....
  • what quality of sound do you want? -  ......stereo,.... 5.1,.... 7.1?....

-

If you have the money to spend, a decent wireless headset can be excellent . Personally tho, I would suggest that if you aren't able/prepared to spend at least £150.00 ($200.00 ?) on a wireless set,  then you are better off getting a wired set.

Beyond that, people need to know what you want from a headset, and what you are looking to spend on it, before they can start to suggest specific models.

In the mean time, here is a link to a forum thread which may help. It is focussed on the upcoming Tritton Warheads, but also discusses a few alternatives:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/135/p/105648/505910.aspx#505910

I recomend the Turtle Beach X11. Had mine for almost 2 years now and they are great! If I had to find one thing wrong with them it would be that they are wired. But thats if I had to find something wrong with them.

[quote user="RegentHook32784"]

I am looking to buy a new headset for my xbox 360, but it would be great if it was compatible with my ps3 as well. Wireless is preffered but i dont mind wired seeing as i want them to be from 50 - 100 dollars. I am trying to decide between turtle beaches or tritton and wanted to know which one is better. I am speciffically looking into the turtle beach xp21 and tritton trigger or detonator.

[/quote]
I have the PX21 Headset, and I really like them.  The audio is real great, and a lot better than the x41's I had.  The cable length is not too short, and it's not the type of cable that likes to twist and wrap itself around everything under the sun.  Over all, I enjoy 'em.  Good luck with what you go with!  =)