Need Help ASAP

I was playing battlefield 3 at my dads all day and my xbox worked fine. today i brought my xbox to my moms with me for the first time in a long time. I hook my xbox up and i play bf3 for 5-10 minutes and then i disconnect. i keep disconnecting every five to fifteen minutes. it makes me extremely mad because after bf3 starts to work after massive lag now i keep disconnecting. any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Wolvierines!
Is the Xbox connected the same way (wireless or wired) whether you stay at your dad or your mom's place? Have you had any connectivity issues at your mom's place in the past. At your mom's place, is there more then one Xbox connected to the same modem/router? Could you provide us with a little more information to save yourself some time by answering these questions up front.

Modem brand & model number: 
Router brand & model number: 
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W:
X:
Y:
Z:
ID:
L:
Q:
T:
D:
S:
C:

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, Wolvierines! I'd also be interested to know whether you experience these disconnections solely when playing Battlefield 3 or, alternatively, whether you encounter disconnections after 5-10 minutes no matter what you are doing. Can you please clarify that for us?

Thanks in advance! Standing by.

Sorry this didn't help.

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number: Netgear MR814 V3

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried: Reseting modem and router direct plugin to router port forwarding

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? no

Any Error Codes you encounter: none

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000 - 000B

X: 0600 - F001

Y:20A8 - 4860

Z:8007 - 2741

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L:8015 - 0002

Q:8007 - 0435

T: Wired

A; 192.168.137.118/ 255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.137.1

D: 192.168.137.1/ 0.0.0.0

I have this problem playing any game or even using apps like youtube. I always connect my xbox through ethernet both places. I used to use my windows 7 computer in the past to do an internet connection share and that used to work excellent. so i thought i could try that. and nothing different. I tried port forwarding because a friend suggested it and it still didnt work. so i quit messing arround for the night but nothing different this morning. Any help will be greately appreciated. I have worked on networks and I have built computers from a very young age. but yet this problem has me stumped. thanks in advance again for all your help

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure your router firmware is up to date (visit manufactures website and see if there is a later version available then your current one). Access your router web-config page and make sure UPnP is enabled. Do not use Port Forwarding for this attempt to work. Some Netgear versions have a feature called "Trend Micro" that could interfere with your NAT status. Disable this feature if it is present. Reset the Xbox network settings to the defaults.

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
  2. Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port (if applicable).
  3. Turn on your console.
  4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  5. Select Network Settings.
  6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  7. Select Configure Network.
  8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.

Start with these settings and see if it improves anything. If not, we'll take it from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

This helped some i get a longer playing time before im disconnected but im still getting disconnected. is there anything else i can try

Sorry this didn't help.

Try open network ports used by Xbox LIVE using Port Forwarding.

On your console, set your console's IP settings manual.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network (if you are prompted to do so).
  4. Select Configure Network.
  5. On the Basic Settings tab, select IP Settings.
  6. Select Manual.
  7. Select IP Address.
  8. Enter the unique IP address that you made up (e.g. 192.168.0.120), and then select Done.
  9. Select Subnet Mask, enter your computer’s subnet mask, and then select Done.
  10. Select Gateway, enter your computer’s default gateway, and then select Done.
  11. Select Done.

Access your router and disable UPnP and set up Port Forwarding and assign the required ports that need to be open for Xbox LIVE. Assign the same IP address that you have set up manually on your console. Visit Port Forward for inscruction how to configure your router. Remember to apply the settings you've made change to and restart your modem/router.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just rewrite your Subnet Mask and Gateway as they are showing.

Sorry this didn't help.