Need headset help, Really bad!

I've tried 2 headsets and I've got the same problem that they won't pick up my voice. In Party,Game and Messages. My others weren't like this but recently when I got one It worked perfectly and then my friends said that I ended up sounding weird and crackily and then it stopped working. I've tried all the obvious stuff, It's not muted or anything and I can't get another controller to check Do I need a new controller, help???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Looks quite good, Wonder if it will be better than the current one!

[quote user="h0t g0g"]

[quote user="Jason of Duty"]

I had a similar issue with the newer wired headsets that have the voice on/off switch up by your chest rather than the older ones which was a grey switch by the bottom of the controller. On the newer one, the voice on/off switch was broken and it must have stayed on off setting ... so I bought a new one... but wireless controllers are the best option, I'm holding out for the new one coming soon with bluetooth too

[/quote]

Didn't know they were bring out a new wireless headset! Any other news on it? When is release date?

[/quote]

Play.com have it listed for the 4th November @£29.99

The newer wired headsets are shocking compared to the older ones withthe 'block' that plugged into the controller.

I really recommend investing in a wireless headset mate, you cant go too wrong with them.

[quote user="Jason of Duty"]

I had a similar issue with the newer wired headsets that have the voice on/off switch up by your chest rather than the older ones which was a grey switch by the bottom of the controller. On the newer one, the voice on/off switch was broken and it must have stayed on off setting ... so I bought a new one... but wireless controllers are the best option, I'm holding out for the new one coming soon with bluetooth too

[/quote]

Didn't know they were bring out a new wireless headset! Any other news on it? When is release date?

Wireless headsets are great never had any problems using them.

What headset are you using ?

Have you tried cleaning the ports ? (On headset and controller)

Also If it helps if I push it in hard I can talk if I hold it still, but if I move it even a tiny bit it will crackle or stop working.