NAT=STRICT (Port Forwarding For UBEE DVW3201B Router) NAT=OPEN

Two weeks ago my NAT turned to STRICT. I couldn't figure out how to do it and the XBOX ASSOCIATE told me a bunch of codes to type into my router and they were all wrong. I fought with it until eventually I got it myself. I want to share STEP BY STEP how to Forward the Ports on an UBEE DVW3201B. By the way, the associate said my router wasn't compatible with the port forwarding... he later admitted he just didn't know how to do it. I do, here's how!

1.) Click Start and type in CMD, when the black window appears type in IPCONFIG. 

2.) Write down on a piece of paper or on Notepad the DEFAULT GATEWAY IP Address.(Mine is 192.168.0.1) 

3.) Open your internet browser and type it into the address bar (including periods) click go

4.) Log into the router using your user name and password (if you don't know it, type user in both text fields) click enter

5.) At the top of the screen click GATEWAY then on the left click FORWARDING

6.) You should see a menu showing index 1-10 Internal and External Local IP, Start Port, End Port, Public Interface IP, Start Port, End Port, Protocol, Enabled

*****NOW USING YOUR XBOX360*****

1.) Go to SETTINGS from the Xbox home (farthest right menu page)

2.) Go to NETWORK SETTINGS

3.) Go to WIRED or WIRELESS (whichever you have)

4.) Write down IP address shown (Commonly it's identical to your computer IP address but the last number is different)

*****BACK TO COMPUTER*******

7.) In the 1st index box LOCAL IP type the NUMBER(s) after the last period from your XBOX360 IP address (mine was 5)

8.) Type this same number in the 1st through 5th index box under LOCAL IP

**The ports required for MW3 are 53, 80, 88, 1863, and 3074**

9.) Using only one port code per Index row (we are using five total) type them in both Start/End boxes under both internal and external.  (Example: 53 Should appear four times TOTAL in the first row, the second row will have FOUR 80 and so on.)

10.) Make sure the Protocol for all five index rows are set to BOTH.

11.) LEAVE THE PUBLIC INTERFACE IP BOXES SHOWING 0.0.0.0

12.) Check the ENABLE box on all five rows.

13.) Click APPLY.

******BACK TO THE XBOX360*******

5.) Click TEST XBOX LIVE CONNECTION. 

6.) Once the test is complete, go to MW3.

7.) Click Multiplayer then select XBOX LIVE. Your NAT settings should return to OPEN

I sincerely hope this helps you. According the the XBOX Chat associate my Router was not compatible. I guess I showed them huh?!

WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Great post!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2023 Views 224 Applies to: