NAT type - moderate.

Okay well I have two xbox's at my house and when me and my sister play we both kind of lag here and there. We found out that both our NAT type is set to moderate. We want to know how to fix it using the ports. We've only seen guides on how to make the NAT type open by ports for only ONE xbox.  Um we use a WRT160nv3 router.

I'll check on the forums everyday for a soultion to this ! >_<

Message me on xbox if you can. (:

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

With that router you may be able to set ports to forward to one of the xboxs, and try setting the DMZ to the other xbox, if it doesn't clear up when you do that then your router may just not be able to handle the data for both consoles efficiently enough.

You can also try and make sure you are using the latest firmware for that unit, it won't auto update itself so you will need to go to the support section of the linksys website and download the latest firmware and update it according to the instructions from the user manual.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh! I'll try downloading the latest firmware and then setting the ports and DMZ, forgot about the firmware stuff. I'll do it in a bit though since I have to get ready for work right now.

Thanks for your suggestion. If it doesn't work can I message you?  

Haha. (:

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You can't DMZ and forward ports to make this work I'm afraid, if you want an Open NAT on multiple Xboxes you need to use UPnP alone (no forwarding no DMZ and Xbox ip addresses on auto) or use Port triggering (no forwarding no DMZ no UPnP and Xbox ip addresses on auto)

I would certainly get the latest firmware but I will say I now that your model of router doesn't support multiple Xboxes with an Open NAT even using the firmware that is certified for live, I've come across it many times.

But this of course could be fixed in a later version of firmware so certainly try it. People have used third party firmware (DD-WRT) on that router to solve this multiple NAT issue in the past and it works fine, but I would try the latest Linksys firmware first.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have gotten 2 xbox's working on the router the customer is using just the way Antillion described

Sorry this didn't help.

Well they are more than welcome to try it of course

Sorry this didn't help.