NAT Strict - Ports open etc.

G'day, I sit here with my Thomson TG789vn router and I'm having a problem with the NAT.

I've tried so far everything the guides say, and even what my internet provider has given me message of doing.

(Static IP + ports, upnp off, upnp on, port opening etc. etc.), the only thing I have not tried is putting the Xbox in the DMZ. However I can't, because the router doesn't allow DMZ (It has a setup that is close, but it will not let me add the Xbox to that list.), so I'm looking for help here.

With all this in any combination the connection will still show up as "Strict", I can connect to Xbox Live, however, I can't play many games (I get into about 1/10 of the games I would if NAT was open, and out of that margin I'm getting disconnected/kicked out of 3/5ths.)

Any suggestions at all as towards how I can fix this? (Away from requesting a new router)

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello. What type of modem do you have? Some modems act as a gateway and have their own built in functions like a router that will block ports.

If this is the case you will need to open the ports of your modem as well.

Youtube is blocked at where I work...but I did find this

www.xbox-fix.net/.../how-to-change-nat-type-open-for-thomson-tg789vn-xbox-360-2

I could not watch it but all the comments for it seem good. May want to check that out as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, thanks for your response, I did check out that but it didn't quite work.

I did however get a call from the IP, it was blocked at their side and has been resolved now. Thanks for the help however.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.