NAT strict issue on XBOX 360 (with gateway/cable modem Motorola SVG 6582 and router Linksys WRT16N)

Help! I have a Linksys WRT16N v3 router connected to a Motorola SVG 6582 cable modem. My console can connect to Xbox Live, but complains about NAT. I can't play Fifa 14 with my friends, for example. I could setup the Motorola as bridge and I turned off the Wireless, but, unfortunatelly, my WiFi Internet connection was lost (Linksys). I already updated the port forwarding on both consoles, I tried DMz, tried to disable NAT, but nothing is working. Does someone know, please, the correct steps to be followed and make sure it will work? Thanks!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

Greetings sergiobm!
[quote user="sergiobm"]I have a Linksys WRT16N v3 router connected to a Motorola SVG 6582 cable modem.[/quote]I do think that the SVG 6582 is modem and router/NAT in a single device. If the SVG 6582 is doing NAT, then your inbound connection is being NAT'd twice. You should only have one device doing NAT, particularly with UDP over NAT traversal.

Access your Linksys web utility interface and verify if the Internet/WAN address your router (Linksys) obtains, is within the private range of an IP address, or if its actually public.

Also, visit Linksys website and make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware (model number and hardware revision number).

Thank you! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.