NAT Strict after latest update.

I have been using a Linksys BEFSR41 router on my Scientific Atlanta DPC2100R2 Cable modem for about 3 years now.  I had manually opened ports because I had UPnP disabled for the longest time. These ports worked for 3+ years. With the latest update, I can't use these ports anymore. I enabled UPnP and still nothing. I have tried both Port set-ups provided by the support section of this website and the Sticky on this forum and none have worked. I am 100% positive it is NOT (I repeat NOT) a double NAT problem. This is becoming an increasingly frustrating topic as it seems NOTHING is working after this latest update, and I am beginning to lose the ability to play with any of my friends. I don't want to have to cancel my Xbox Live.. but this problem is projecting me towards that option.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hi,

I don't understand why you can't forward the ports anymore? Have you tried starting from scratch and following this again:- portforward.com/.../Xbox_Live_360.htm

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried those ports first after my old ports (3+ years of open NAT) stopped working.

I have also tried the Sticky's ports and the ports on the support section of this website.

And somehow all of this started after the latest update. Hmm..

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't even play Modern Warfare 2 without finding a host giving everyone 1 bar or not finding a game at all for 2+ minutes. I'm thinking I am just going to cancel my Live because Microsoft updated their system and screwed me over.

Sorry this didn't help.

So I assume you can connect direct to the modem and its fine? If so its not your ISP or the Xbox or the update it can only be the router.

When you look at the Linksys router what does it say its WAN/Internet IP Address is? If it starts with 10 or 192 or 172 please post it up, if it starts with anything else just post the first part i.e. 62.

Sorry this didn't help.

I recently found out a couple of things: Someone took my surge protector that was guarding my Xbox and I recently had a power surge, now I cannot connect to Xbox Live at all. Also, I attempted to update the firmware on my router, it said everything went fine but now I am receiving the blinking lights indicating my firmware was not done correctly. So, router is dead, Xbox is fried. Thank you for the attempted help but I clearly need to fix quite a few things before I can worry about my NAT type.

Sorry this didn't help.

Good luck, post back if you need further help

Sorry this didn't help.