NAT setting strict on sparks Huawei HG630b Home Gateway

I am bounced from Xbox customer support to Spark to Huawei in bankok or where ever they are, today I phoned spark again and told then I cant afford an extra $13 per month on top of my ph account for a static IP, and that the service was provided for me on the grounds they said it would be better for gaming on my xbox one, the tech then tried to sell me their premium service who could try to fix the issue for $15 per month, I was getting pretty annoyed by this stage so now am trying to ask for one of their supervisors, does anyone else have the same issue with this spark supplied modem?

Sorry you are having issues with connecting.  We will try to assist.  I have posted a series of questions below some you have already answered but if you could provide as much information as possible it will help to understand what might be causing your issue.  

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?:

Wired or Wireless (for each console):

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown:

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?:

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider):

Happy Gaming!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi I live in

Invercargill Southland New Zealand

Huawei HG630b Home gateway

We have My Xbox one console and a Xbox 360 both connect wireless and one Xbox 360 wired

I have tried connecting my Xbox one via Ethernet cable, tried port forward but they don't have settings for this Huawei, I have contacted my isp, and Xbox support and Huawei, but have gotten no where. I cant afford the static IP as my ISP will charge another $13 on top of the $120per month, they also offered their premium service for another $15 per month on top of my $120 per month.

Don't know if the UPnP is enabled or not

when I go to play multiplayer games I get the warning that my Nat is set to strict and I may not find people to join Nat is constantly strict, now

My ISP is Spark New Zealand formally Telecom New Zealand, I have had this problem ever since upgrading from the old copper service to the ultra fast fibre network, and this Huawei was the modem they supplied, as my old one is not capable of functioning with the new service.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If I am reading that correctly you have 3 consoles attached to the gateway and if that is the case you will probably never get it to work properly.  Those gateways are not designed to handle multiple consoles.  ISPs provide the least expensive equipment that will handle their basic service.  

Would you be able to get a simple internet modem and provide your own gaming router?  With that configuration you would not need a static IP address.  The ISP would just provide you a single IP number and your router would manage all inside network traffic using UPnP.

Also, could you disconnect all the consoles except the One and see if it will connect then?  If not check the network connection services and get all the specifics provided and post back.  

Let us know.  Good Luck!

Happy Gaming!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 363 Applies to: