NAT Problems

I ve done everything ive been told or shown and it still doesnt work i have a Linksyes E1000 V2 wireless N Router (2.4 GHz, Fast ethernet(10/100 ports)) connected to a Cisco cable modem Model DPC3010 (Iso 9001 Registered,thats on the side of the box.). i dont know what to do about it. Ive tried my UPnP is all enabled, ive watched videos opened ports and everything xbox told me and it still doesnt work if anyone can help please do i am truly lost here.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

[quote user="TheAmazing29"]

...i have a Linksyes E1000 V2 wireless N Router ...connected to a Cisco cable modem Model DPC3010 ... my UPnP is all enabled, i... opened ports and everything xbox told me and it still doesnt work...

[/quote]

The product sheet of the DCP3010 says it can connect up to 64 devices to the internet. This makes it sound as if the modem itself has routing/NAT capabilities. This in turn means, you probably have a double NAT.

If configuring the E1000 didn't help, you need to connect your PC to the modem itself, and use the modems web interface configuration to set it to "true modem" (one user) mode. This is often called "Bridging mode" or "Pass through" mode.

It is also possible, that your internet provider got a customized firmware for the modem, and won't allow user configurable settings.

So please take your time reading the NAT guide I linked below in my signature, and try if you can set the DPC3010 up properly. Also try to contact your Internet Provider if necessary to change the connection mode of the modem to bridging single user mode.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.