NAT Problems have continued to dictate my Xbox Live

Hello, I am well aware of the Xbox Live Support guides that are available to me to help me with my NAT problem, the goal is to open my NAT so I can join a game with my friends. However, I cannot stress enough my extreme irritation with both Xbox Live and Microsoft. I have read over 15+ guides on how to "Open my NAT" I've called my internet provider and Microsoft support and both sources are too illiterate or uncompatable to help me with my problem. I've tried numerous things to open my NAT, I've turned my UPnP to On. I've tried port forwarding (80-TCP, 88- UDP, 3074-UDP/TCP, 53- UDP/TCP). I've even tried turning my IPv6 to Pass Through. Nothing has worked, I've been attempting to turn my NAT to open for roughly 3 months. I've been more than AGRIVATED with the help I've gotten, I've repeated the processes that they've provided more than 5+ times and I refuse to do it again. I've resorted to posting on these forums in hope that someone wont give me the same bullcrap that's been fed to me through these past few months. I also do not want to buy a new router, the one i am using is brand new it is a NETGEAR WNR3500L. Ever since i've gotten this new router i've had problems with the NAT my old Linksys didn't have this problem but still had laggy, disconnecting, problems. Maybe I should just switch to Playstation 3?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey bud, I'm going to try my best here to help you out.  First let me say, DON'T switch to PS3.  Not worth it bro.  I know it can seem repetitive and mundane with people always giving you the same "bullcrap" as you had worded it, but I do want to reassure you that these steps were put into place because, believe it or not it solves the issue about 99% of the time, lol.  You'd be surprised how many people get upset because there Xbox won't turn on and they think it's the most complex issue but winds up just being a power cable not plugged in all the way, etc.  It's a great step you took to set your UPnP and open those ports.  Also, another "obvious" one would be to reset your network hardware after doing all of that.  As far as your router, personally I always vouch for LinkSys over any others, just personal opinion.  As you had stated you had no issues before this router so it's definitely a hardware situation.  The one step you can try after doing all of that is manual IP settings on your Xbox 360.  Did the ISP/Router Manuf. provide you with a IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway?  If so, you can enter that in under My Xbox, System Settings, Network Settings, Wireless Network, Configure Network, select IP and set to manual.  Enter in that info, save it, clear your system cache under Memory, press Y for device options, then recover your GamerTag (as stupid as it may sound), then restart your whole network (including your 360) and see if that resolves it.  If they didn't provide you with that you can open your start menu (if using Windows of course) on your computer and search for "CMD" without the quotations and it will open a command prompt.  Type in "ipconfig\all" (again with no quotes) and you'll see your information pop up with IP etc.  Does this happen when you use a hardwire connection?  I know you don't want to, hence the wireless connections, but it's good for process of elimination.  Also, I checked that routers compatibility with the Xbox and it is listed as a compatible piece of hardware.  If all else fails the one thing I've found almost ALWAYS winds up being the issue is pretty particular.  Go to your routers IP (I believe for you it is 192.168.1.1) by typing that number in your browsers address bar.  When you get to your settings click on the left side menu where it says "WAN Setup" and check the box that says "Disable SPI Firewall".  SPI isn't a big loss and shouldn't be worried about.  Again, restart your network after doing so and you should be good to go bro.  Hope that helped :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I appreciate the reply, however, I've attempted your steps to solve the issue. No, the Router Manuf. didn't provide me with specific Ip's etc. to apply to my Xbox to the best of my knowledge. The one thing that I did discover with your answer was that my "Disable SPI FireWall" Box was unchecked. I had gotten excited when I saw this, but just like all of the others, this solution has failed. I reset my router and modem for roughly 2 minutes after checking the box  for the SPI, still nothing. I appreciate how much time you've put into finding an answer for me and it's better than anyone else has done for me I can assure you. If you have any other theories or comments as to why my NAT is still not open please do not hesitate to reply, I just want to solve the problem so that I can enjoy my Xbox Live to the fullest.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter, also please post up the version of firmware you are using on your router

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

NAT is 100% related to your network hardware or (somewhat rarely) your ISP.  As Shadowman suggested, post your full details from that link and we can figure out what's causing it.

Sorry this didn't help.