NAT issues with two xbox one consoles

I posted this on another forum here but was told this was the better spot. 

Is there an issue with the xbox one that will prevent me from having two xbox ones online and open NAT on both? Only one of the will show open NAT. I have a brand new Linksys WRT1900AC router and I have followed all the old methods and looked in the new methods as well. Upnp is on. I tried it off. I have tried all combinations possible. Put one xbox in a DMZ. Tried port forwarding for one xbox. Dhcp reservervations. Static ip’s. Port triggering. No matter what I do only one will show open. If one shows moderate and I turn the other xbox off it will still show moderate unless I hold the power button down to completrly shut the xbox off. Then turn it on and that xbox will show open again. But the other one will still say moderate once it comes up.

Any ideas? In a Linksys thread a member said L2 xbox live help said the xbox one uses windows ME tcp/ip stack and it’s a xbox issue not a router issue.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) ** (added 3075 due to ghosts).

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

UDP Port 3544 (UDP)

UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

If this is the wrong forum can someone direct me to the correct place to take this issue? thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 84 Applies to:

Where did you get this list of port numbers?  Sending all port 80 traffic to the One seems a little crazy....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

From xbox one support page.

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

I ended up doing port triggering because there is two xbox ones. If you port forward 53 and 80 it will kill internet between any machine.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is crazy and unnecessary.  Despite what many here recommend under the mistaken belief it is needed (largely due to misleading information on the MS support site), these are the only ports you need to forward:

88 UDP

3074 TCP and UDP

and if you have COD Ghosts, also:

3075 TCP and UDP

3076 TCP and UDP

The other ports mentioned on the MS support site DO NOT need to be forwarded inbound to the Xbox One  While the MS site isn't very clear about this point, they are just ports to which the Xbox needs to be able to establish an outbound connection.  This has nothing to do with port forwarding and should not be an issue for normal home users because no home router I know of is configured to block such outbound communication by default.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just kept powering down my console and resetting my router 4/5 times and it worked

Sorry this didn't help.

MEssiah, Was that on the same linksys router?

Sorry this didn't help.

hewligun,

I should have paid more attention to what you were asking when in your first post, what you want to do is not possible.  In order to achieve what MS calls "Open" NAT, you can only have a single device attempting to communicate using the list of needed ports over the router.  Once you add in a second device, the second device is always going to have "Moderate" and a third would likely end up with "Strict" but possibly still be "Moderate", this is just the nature of NAT.  Nothing can be done to change that.

Running "Moderate" shouldn't really restrict a whole lot though, maybe the ability to be game or voice channel host in a game, but users of that system should still be able to join voice channels and play in online games without problem.

The only way around this would be to pay for multiple public IP's from your ISP and turn of NAT completely then let your Xbox acquire an IP from your internet provider using DHCP so it has a direct connection to the internet with no NAT at all.  This may be available through your provider, you would need to call and ask likely.

I did find out through troubleshooting my own issues that port 80 may not need to be entirely re-directed to your Xbox One but it certainly messes things up if you have it redirected to another IP on your network and you attempt to use multiple devices to connect to Xbox Live on the network, like a 360 and a One.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is not the only way to have multiple Xbox Ones with open NAT.  If you have a router with a good, working UPnP implementation, you can get open NAT by enabling UPnP and letting each Xbox One use it to automatically forward ports (the first Xbox One will forward 3374 UDP and the second will use the next available) instead of manually forwarding ports.

Sorry this didn't help.