NAT Issue

Hi all.  My NAT on my Xbox One shows it is opened.  Sometimes it changes to moderate. When I play Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare or Destiny, they state that my NAT is strict.  When I play Call Of Duty AW, It takes longer than usual to get into a game.  When I connect, there are times I get lag free games and times when the game is laggy/unplayable.  When I play Destiny, it says that I have a network issue.  I can still connect to games faster than Call Of Duty and the performance is better.  I do not have any connection issues with Titanfall, D&D Neverwinter Nights, and Diablo 3.  I read about how to open the NAT.  It sounds complicated.  This NAT issue occurred after Memorial Day.  My question is will the NAT effect my multiplayer gameplay?  Can a strict or moderate NAT cause lag?   I am not interested in hosting games or communicating to other players.  I just want to join the games and play them.   Like I said.  I didn't experience any problems before Memorial Day.  Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 87 Applies to:
Answer

Hello Bimnog.  I just want to let you know that my network issue is fixed!  I think Microsoft released an Xbox One update late last night or early this morning. The Xbox stated that I had an open NAT.  I popped in Destiny and didn't get a network error!  I was able to play Destiny fine.  I popped in Call Of Duty AW.  The NAT was opened in it and I was able to join and play games quicker. While I had this issue, I hypothesized that this was a software/MS server issue on the Xbox One because why would the Xbox One state that the NAT was opened in the network settings and in Destiny and Call Of Duty showed a strict NAT or you have a network issue?  

I want to take the time to thank you for your guidance and patience while I had this issue!  It makes me wonder if the Internet should be a requirement for everyone!  Without the Internet, we wouldn't be able to download and install these updates or even operate our Xbox One.

Sincerely yours,

Eric

AKA poker7275

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.