NAT help

Ok, I've been fighting with my router, isp, xbox, and myself for about 2 years now dealing with this open/closed NAT issue and I'm finally breaking down to ask for help.

Currently, we have two xboxes trying to connect via a linksys E900, which connects to a speedstream 4300 DSL modem, with Windstream as our DSL provider.  Before our roommate moved in, it was just one xbox, and only recently did we move to the linksys router, before that was a Belkin F7D6301 (Which is on the compatibility list).  After moving to the Linksys, our NAT claims to be Open, but we still can't connect.

I currently have an open ticket with Linksys over how to configure the router, but I've been given the run around from multiple different people and forum posts during my research, regarding this question:  Can we have multiple Xboxes connected to Live, With open NAT.  Some say yes, Some say no.  

Information on the ticket:  the Linksys Tech told me to put the Modem in Full Bridged Mode. When I called Windstream to make sure I was doing it properly, the lady had me to do a couple steps from the modems webgui and then claimed I was done.  But I was still receiving a 192.168.x.x IP.  When I called Linksys back with a "bridged" modem, the new tech told me it still wasn't and that because I have DSL, i wouldn't be able to have both set to open.  

I don't remember what firmware version my Belkin Router was at, I do know it was the most current.  According to the sticky posts I read here before I posted, I should be able to put my modem into bridged mode, and let the Belkins UPnP run the show.  Is this my best bet?   If so, I guess I should probably give Windstream another "Friendly" call and get the modem sorted.

Thank you for your help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Hi,

Try to port-forward these following ports for the xboxes:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

If that fails UPnP  will work too, as xboxes support UPnP.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes. I would try setting your Speedstream 4300 to bridged mode and letting the Linksys handle PPPoE (if necessary) and then try using just UPnP with your Linksys. If you search the web, you'll find a bunch of tutorials on setting the Speedstream to bridges mode.

Two Xbox on one network shouldn't be a problem. If you have trouble with UPnP or port forwarding, you can always put one or both Xboxen in the DMZ.

Sorry this didn't help.

Check this thread out. Sounds like you may have a NAT that isn't Full Cone, which is opening up all your connections through your Gateway. You have to contact your ISP to have your Routers NAT Opened to Full Cone.

forums.xbox.com/.../157383.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your responses, I'll update once I have a chance to have another talk with my ISP.  (work 3rd shift, just got home, going to pass out now)

Sorry this didn't help.