NAT Help

Okay so for the longest time my NAT has been strict or moderate but i want to get it open because well when it is open it is better. Only problem is my brother also has an xbox and he has open NAT while i had the stict or moderate. So i found out how to get mine open only problem it i had to change the last numbers of the IP address to match my xbox's and bam im open, but now my brother is not. And when we try to put the same port on but name it xbox2 it says "Port already exists". So is it my Router (which is through our cable company.) Router is a Cisco Linksys E1200. Thanks.

However when i looked on the compatibility routers for multiple Xbox's this on did not show up an was wondering if maybe that list hasn't been updated recently.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Hey mate, this guide has some things to try for setting up two Xbox 360s to play on LIVE on the same network.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I read that before i posted here, the part about having two consoles on the same modem is why i posted this because im not sure my modem can hold two consoles. Also was it saying that if i put one in the DMZ that they will both be open NAT?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

As you say your router is not listed here:- support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live.aspx

So its unlikely to support two Xboxes with an Open NAT. You can't DMZ or forward your way around this issue, multiple Xbox support requires a good implementation of UPnP or Port Triggering, if your using the latest version of firmware on your router and it doesn't give both Xboxes an Open NAT with just UPnP enabled and your Xbox ip address on auto (no portforwarding etc) I'd say the router will not work for what you want to do, you can read more on this subject here:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../63-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

Sorry this didn't help.

That really sucks. Well i thank you all for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem. I'm using a Huawei E586 on 3 and my NAT type is strict and ive tried allsorts to get this sorted if anyone has over come this problem please let me know as Battlefield 3 aint the same without being able to communicate with my team mates.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.