Nat Help Please

Hi all can someone advise if it is possible to clear the cache on X1, like the 360, switched it on today to find my nat has changed to strict, have no clue how to change that

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You clear the cache by holding the power button on the console until the console fully powers down, that's like 15 seconds.

Then unplug the console for 30 seconds, at that point your cache is clear.  Now plug in your console and power up.

I don't believe this will clear your NAT issues, you should make your Xbox a static IP in network settings and put that IP in DMZ on your router or at least open UDP port 88 and TCP port 3074 on your router.

[quote user="SP Rhino"]

Hi all can someone advise if it is possible to clear the cache on X1, like the 360, switched it on today to find my nat has changed to strict, have no clue how to change that

[/quote]

Did you change the power setting from slow start to quick start up ?

Thanks guys, BIG i have no idea how to do any of that im afraid

Need to reset your router or gateway, that is what controls the nat settings.

Thanks but have reset the router several times and changed the micro filter

[quote user="SP Rhino"]

Thanks but have reset the router several times and changed the micro filter

[/quote]

Check the power setting of your console, when mine was on fast start it had a strict nat, I changed it to slow start with green xbox screen and nat was open, sounds weird, but it's what happened.

For some reason Instant On mode does not re-establish the UPnP port forward needed for the Xbox One. Energy Saver forces the console to re-establish the UPnP port forwards on boot-up.

The workarounds at the moment are to either statically assign the console an IP address and manually forward the ports required, or switch the console to Energy Saver mode.

Thank you for that IceStorm III, I thought I was going mad, and people thought I was talking a big pile of steamy lol, now I have proof.

Xbox now using wired connection and now message says cannot connect to your dhcp server ??????

You need to figure out how to log into your router IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

You need to google your model router and find a tutorial of how to set port forwarding.

You need to go into your xbox and set it to static IP in the manual settings.

You should be able to use IP: 192.168.1.101

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

DNS: (Your routers IP)

Then Forward the ports I told you in the second post to your xbox IP address.

Don't worry the IP's given in this example are internal IP's meaning they only have meaning to your internal network and can't be used across the internet.