Name Change

a week ago i purchased microsoft points to change my name, when i wasnt home my brothers thought it would be hilarious to change my gamertag to my real name. I obviously dont want people to see my real name as my gamertag if you can understand. Ive been having freinds report my gamertag so that i can change it for free, but i dont want to get banned. I have emailed and called xbox support and they both said that i should post a forum. Im hoping that you can help in some way.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

When you called phone support, they should have been able to help you there. I don't think the forum/chat team would be able to make those changes. I would probably suggest calling phone support back, tell them that your full name(if it is your full name) is in your gamertag and would like it changed.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Reporting the GT is intended for offensive or harassing GTs, not your friends playing a prank on you. You should call phone support back (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) and see about either a name change or a refund on the points.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.