Mysterious Ghost Controller

So I have this problem that I like to call "the ghost controller". I'll be playing a game or listening to music OR EVEN watching a movie and I see a second controller light pop up. That's funny because I don't have a second controller on. At all. The controls start to act weird. The music will change stations or my movie will skip to the end or to the next episode of a tv show. If I'm playing a game the home Xbox panel will come up and go up and down, back and forth on the controls. If I cut it off it will cut back on and the ghost controller will be the 1st controller. I've tried resyncing, reset the settings, nope... None of that works. I'm at a lost because it happens at random when I'm going things... Any clue what that could be about.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Has a neighbor been to your home and played with their own controller?

This happened once with my neighbor. He once used my 2nd controller for a day or two...and about a month later I took it out of my cabinet so I could use it on Street Fighter 4 since my D-pad was acting up on my Red one.

I turned on that controller and it apparently turned on his console. I forgot he had it before so i needed to re-sync it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Does anyone else in your house have an xbox?  If so, it could be sync'd to your console.  Do any friends live close by, they could be messing around with you.  I've never had this problem so I'm just speculating.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I see you have guitar hero in your played games list, is the guitar laying around somewhere and having the guide button pressed in? Try taking the batteries out of the guitar controller or any other guitar hero controllers you may have and see if the issue persists.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

None of my roommates have an Xbox, I don't have the guitar anymore, it could be possibly my neighbors but I've resync'd my Xbox and controllers and it still pops up. We've never let those people in our house either. I do have a Xbox remote but it shouldn't register as a controller.

Sorry this didn't help.

Exact same issue here, please help it's VERY annoying. It make my xbox randomly boot up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Grain! Go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue.

Sorry this didn't help.