Mysterious 3rd console ID listed on transfer tool (possible account hack)

I recently bought a new 360 from Best Buy and when I went online to use the transfer tool and there was my previous console, my new one. And a mysterious 3rd console ID.  It was listed as my new console ID, so I had to call for a manual transfer.  I am wondering what is going on. I am worried my account may be compromised.

I have only one theory as to why this may have happened other than being hacked. I recently went through a pair or repairs. The first repair I got the console from which I wish to transfer my liscenses. The console I got from that repair was defective so I sent it back. It was found to have been opened improperly and after a few e-mails I was issued a refund for the first repair. My guess is that they may have listed a replacement console ID before discovering the defects.

I need to know exactly what happened either way.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi there.

The table that is shown on the DRM tool transfer page shows you the console IDs from which you have downloaded items to, so in the past have you been on a 3rd console, even if you download a single item the console ID will appear in that table.

To assign all your content licenses to a new console simply click next and then sign into xbox LIVE to sync that console's ID with LIVE. This will then be taken as your main console and to which the licenses will transfer to. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

that is nice to know. But the thing is I never used a third 360. I did not even sign in to another console for one second. which is why I am worried about a hack.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, what I suggest you do to make sure your credential information is secure is to change the Windows Live ID and/or the password to your gamertag. Having the updated information will ensure that your account is safe. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

When you do a license transfer, it asks you to log into your current console and press "next". It will then ask you to confirm sending all the licenses to the console you are currently signed in on. So whatever it says on the list shouldn't matter.

Sorry this didn't help.