My XBOX360 is not working

Hello, this is my first post.

I purchased my console on ebay last december. There has been no problem with it since then, however, it suddenly stopped working from the day before yesterday showing a message "Sorry this console can't play until your subscription payments are up to date."

It seems like the seller bought the console with subscription plan and sold it to me for $200... I contacted ebay but they say I can't return this through ebay because it already passed ebay buyer protection period which covers only 45 days.. Paypal's dispute period is also up to 60 days..

I contacted the seller, but he keeps saying he didn't know it would be a problem, and he is willing to refund my money if I send the console to him. But frankly, I can't trust him.

How do you think folks? Is there any solution MS provides against these scams? Thank you for reading my concern..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Thank you for your answer. So you are saying I can re-use my console if I start my own xbox live gold membership paying $5 per month?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately you will have to use your own payment options. You can enter a credit card, but if you are using his existing account, it would be better to start your own. You can learn about going gold by clicking here

You can click here to learn about adding payment options.

If you would like to manage your account please see here.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Sorry this didn't help.

BloatedClover6 is my name.. but I am not able to use it...  I can't even add my payment options... The system forces turning itself off.. It seems there is nothing I can do with this machine unless the cheater pays his monthly payment.

Sorry this didn't help.

How long have you had the console? Where you on Xbox Live with it before? It's possible that he had 99 dollar bundle. If that is the case here are the terms and conditions of that bundle.

Did you try to add a different payment option? Click here to learn how from an official Xbox support page. 

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Sorry this didn't help.

The seller bought the Xbox 360 bundle for $99 and a contract which requires payment of $15 a month for 24 months. The seller had to have known this would happen because when the console is purchased under one of those plans a contract has to be signed and the console is registered to the seller. If, at any point in those two years the contract is not current (aka you stop paying before the contract is up), the system will be banned from Xbox Live.

Again, this is not a screen that will ever appear on a standalone Xbox 360 purchased at full retail. It will only appear on a subsidized system purchased under a contract.

In short, YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED by the eBay seller. Since eBay and PayPal can't help you, your only options are to file a charge back with your credit card and/or file a mail fraud complaint with the Post Office and the local police department.

Unfortunately, there is not anything Microsoft can really do to help you out as their contract is with the seller, not you. Even if you wanted to pay the $15 a month (and you would be paying well over retail if you added up 2 years of $15 payments, plus what you paid for the Xbox on eBay), they probably cannot let you have access to the seller's account or contract.

Sorry this didn't help.

You should be able too. Did you make the BloatedClover6 name or was that his name?

You should still be able to use it anyway, just not on Xbox LIVE. 

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Sorry this didn't help.