My Xbox360 is not detecting my video cable?

Hey guys :D

So I bought this new cable , and tried to use it with my XBOX360 :D Unfortunately, the XBOX360 didn't seem to detect the cable when I plugged it in. I checked for bent pins, held right trigger and y to reset display settings, checked to see if the monitor was detecting some other input, and searched the web for hours. I did not find a solution, so Im hoping you guys can help me solve this problem. By not detecting, I mean the XBOX360 acted like the cable did not even exist, no audio coming from speakers, no video, and it wasn't working. Then, I thought I broke something, so I tried to use the cable that came with my XBOX 360, the one with composite video, Yellow, Red,White cables, and it still worked on my TV, so I know that the XBOX360 is working fine, so it had something to do with the cable. If you have any suggestions, please, post it in this thread, and bear in mind, I searched the web for hours, so most of the links you find on Google, I probably used.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It's an aftermarket cable, Microsoft support won't be much help.  You should try contacting the manufacturer of the cable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm, good idea. But I don't know how to contact them D: eForCity (the organization that sold the cable) don't seem to be the manufacturers, and I have no idea how to contact eForCity and ask for manufacturing information about a specific product in the sea of items they sell. I think I have to physically or use software to do solve this, I just need to know how. Thanks, though, Visage.

Sorry this didn't help.

The manufacturer is INSTEN, it says so right on the page.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, I thought that was just some abbreviated thing, Ill go check it out, thanks! But if you have any way to fix an xbox not detecting a cable, then please tell me :D

***Edit, INSTEN is currently rebuilding their website, go figure. Any other ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry but no, perhaps someone else will have some thoughts... like I said though, official support can't really offer that much help with third party accessories.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, then. Someone please have the answer D:

Sorry this didn't help.

Nevermind, I found the solution to the problem. I didn't plug the cable in hard enough XD If this happens to you where your tv screen or monitor is saying No signal, then do this: instead of plugging the cable straight forward into the port, pace yourself, tilt cable to the right while pushing in, then left pushing in, then right, until the cable is fully in the port. I recommend this extremely cheap 4 dollar VGA with audio HD cable set for an audio and video set with a spare computer monitor, assuming you have some kind of speakers, which you can easily just buy online. Big thanks to VisageOfAnAngel, I would give him a +rep if I knew how to, tell me :D

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks to everyone who helped out, by the way. " If this happens to you where your tv screen or monitor is saying No signal, then do this: instead of plugging the cable straight forward into the port, pace yourself, tilt cable to the right while pushing in, then left pushing in, then right, until the cable is fully in the port."-deserteagle1446

Sorry this didn't help.