My Xbox won't turn on!!

First off, I know there is a post about this, but I tried replying on there about this problem and I could not. Anything posted on there didn't help me that much at all so I thought I could maybe get some info on what to do or at least what might be going on with my console.. So, I've had a few problems with my Xbox in the past  2 years or so. It was a very slow process until it finally stopped turning on completely. It all started out with my disk tray not being able to open right away at command. As I've heard many would do, I'd hit the Xbox and that would always do the trick. That went by for about several months and then it got to the point where the disk tray would not be able to read the majority of my games. I went on the internet to see what would be the problem and I find out it was the whole banging on the Xbox  trick. I learned my lesson from there so I thought of opening my Xbox. At the time, I only got to the point where all the screws are and you need special screw drivers to open it up completely. My Xbox was pretty dusty so I thought I would go out and buy a product to get rid of the dust around it. I never found the air solution so I was stuck with a the liquidy type one. I read the whole can and it said it was went well for ventilated areas and gaming consoles. So I used it on my Xbox and right after that, my Xbox never turned back on again. I thought maybe me spraying the stuff in there froze up the dust in certain areas so I just got the special tool set to open my Xbox to see what's up. I cleaned up pretty much everything inside and put it back together. Still no turning on. The power brick is completely fine. The light color has been an orangish yellowish color ever since I first had so I'm sure it might not be that. I checked the USB ports and those seem fine right now. Everything was plugged in well and I double checked everything. I have a feeling the dust solution crap messed it up from turning on but I'm not really sure why it would if it was for it. Is there any other solution out there that I can try to see if it turns back on? My warranty ran out a long time ago and I have no money what so ever to send it in and get it fixed. I have an Xbox Elite by the way. Hope I explained everything well.. Thanks to anyone who tries to help! :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Your ONLY options are to have it repaired or buy a new system.  It doesn't work right??  Get it fixed by a pro. Either through Xbox.com or a local retailer (if possible). Game shops can refurbish a system for a price.  (NOT RECOMMENDED)  I know this is NOT the answer you want but, doing home repairs can do more damage than doing it right the first time.  Sorry

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.