My Xbox won't play FIFA 14.

I just bought FIFA 14 and when I put it in my xbox it reads the disc and the little picture comes up on the play game thing but when I press A to play it the dashboard fades out like normal but then an error message comes up saying

Unrecognised Disc

This disc is unreadable                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       1.Clean the disc with a soft cloth.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       2.Restart the console.

I gave it a wipe even though its brand new and tried it again but it done exactly the same thing so I installed it. When I started it up then it faded off the dashboard again but then it come up with another error message saying 'Game Error, the game couldn't start, try downloading the game again'. So I reinstalled it just in case and it didn't work again. I thought I might have a faulty disc so I tried my friend's but it done exactly the same thing again. Even when I installed it and tried it with his disc and then mine it had the same error message. I googled it and saw a few people on about the laser in the Xbox might be broke but ive tried all my other games, even fifa 13, dvds and cds and they all worked. I found out that the cache on my hard drive could be stopping it playing so I cleared that but it made no difference. I even installed it on a USB stick but it didn't work either. I just took the game back today but they said they can't give me a complete refund only a replacement so I'm stuck with it. The new one has done exactly the same as the first so its definitely my console. I really don't know what to do now and i've basically just wasted £40 if I can't play it. Does anyone know what to do to fix it please?

I've got the 250gb slim console aswell which I've had for about 3 years now. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 64 Applies to:

I used to get this with an old Xbox and sadly it was my laser which was on the way out! I did manage to get a couple more months out of it by installing every game to the hard drive, if you can mange to get them installed then try that maybe.

Was it just one game that wouldn't work first or was it every game you had? because i just can't work out why its just this one game

I used to get this error with "NHL '09".

EA Customer Support suggested it might be a corrupt save and as annoying as it was, after deleting ALL data assosiated with the game, re-installing and playing new it all worked fine.

As you correctly point out yourself, if your XBox was on the way out, you should have this problem with all your other games.

Presuming you have not spent any money on Ultimate Team extras delete all the info to do with "Fifa 14" on your hard drive and start new and let us know how things go for you.

Az

You just saved me 40 quid! i just deleted all the installed ones and there was some other stuff aswell and i started it up and it worked! I cant believe it, thanks butt. I thought i was stuck with it.

Great news.

Glad you're back gaming again.