My XBOX won't connect to my TV...

Basically I have a large tv and a smaller one.
Currently I can only connect my XBOX to the smaller tv but I clearly want it on the large one for better gameplay.

Here's the problem.

The small tv has YUV connection which is to connect the XBOX, with the blue, green and red wires for the video and the red and white wires for the audio. It works perfectly.

My bigger tv doesn't have the same connection so I tried using the HDMI.... didn't work.
I then tried using the red and white wires for audio and the yellow wire for video plugged into one of those small adapter things (I don't know what they are called) which I then plug into the AV socket. This time however there was only video and no audio.

The audio wires work because they work on the YUV connection of the smaller tv as I said earlier.
The small adapter thing I mentioned earlier works because ive used it before with my Wii in the big tv and it works fine.

So now im really stumped and I don't know what to do :/ please help X

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

It sounds as though you have ruled out the wires as being the problem. Sound and video work on the smaller tv so my best guess is the inputs on your larger tv are not functioning as they should be. It happens all the time I cant tell you how many times ive been at a customers house setting up their home theater system and those connections dont' work on a BRAND NEW TV! To fully rule this out you may need to try another device on your large tv using these cable to see if you can get picture and sound try a dvd player. if that does work then its the xbox first try turning display discovery off and checking back with the hdmi

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

for the hdmi connection you need to make sure the xbox settings are configured to 1080p resolution

Sorry this didn't help.

if you get no picture or sound with another device then its the board in the back of the tv,if your tv is under warranty you can send it to be repaired, if not my best advice to you would be buy a new t.v. replacement of that board is  very costly.

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the resolution of the larger TV?  1080p might be too much, could be 720p/1080i

Have you looked at support.xbox.com/.../improve-video-quality or

support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Sorry this didn't help.

if you are still having issues please let me know. thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.